Sunday, August 1, 2010

Ari: Acting

I'm a professional actor, which means going on many, many auditions. A few months ago, I started having trouble focusing during my auditions. Even the slightest distraction became enormous: casting directors writing things down, directors shifting in their seats, producers whispering to each other. Any one of these things could throw me out of the scene and because of that, I wasn't able to act and react naturally with my reader.

After just one session with the wonderfully kind, impressively skilled Ilan Zechory, I developed an unbelievable ability to erase everyone else from my mind and rebuild the room exactly the way I wanted to see it, within seconds. In the couple of months since meeting with Ilan, I have been cast in two plays and had my network TV debut, and I think my newfound sense of focus and control has contributed greatly to that success.

No comments:

Post a Comment