Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lori: Late Night Binge Eating

I came to Ilan based on a referral from a friend who quit smoking with his help. My problem was a little different though. I was a little bit overweight. I could lose 15 pounds to be optimally healthy.

My specific problem is that several nights a week, I'd wake up in the middle of the night and half-consciously head to the refrigerator. I'd scarf a snack (usually something unhealthy like ice cream or heavy like leftover dinner) very fast, and then go back to bed. I knew it was terrible and unhealthy, but I couldn't control it.

I saw Ilan and over three sessions of hypnosis, I was able to identify the physical sensations and corresponding emotions (and some surprising memories that I thought had nothing to do with it) that were causing this behavior. He was supportive, understanding, and asked a lot of great questions that led to key insights, in hypnosis and out. He also gave me some quick self-hypnosis techniques to use in the evening before I go to bed, which were really helpful.

I'm writing this review 6 weeks after our last appointment, and I have lost 7 pounds without changing anything in my lifestyle except not waking up and snacking. I'm so glad I went in for hypnosis, and I feel that I've made a healthy, permanent change. I'd recommend hypnosis to anyone looking to change a behavior that's effecting their life negatively

No comments:

Post a Comment