Monday, August 2, 2010

Kate: Fear of Flying

I used to dread flying — I’d have to knock myself out with Xanax just to get through it!

When I found out my friend Ilan had become a hypnotist and helped some of our mutual friends quit smoking and biting their nails, I thought I might as well try it for my fear of flying. We did one session early in the morning. It was really easy and relaxing, just a pleasant experience overall and something I'd definitely like to do again.

I just got back from a trip to Paris (my first flights since hypnosis), and for the first time since I was a kid, flying was totally pleasant. It's pretty crazy that it worked, I can't really believe it myself! I am simply amazed at the transformation, and am so grateful that my vacations will no longer be bookended by dread. Thank you, Ilan.

UPDATE: I just took another flight, this time to the Bahamas (tough life, I know), and it was totally 100% fine. I read, napped, and chatted with my brother -- no Xanax and no anxiety at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment